Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices bacon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts, patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and halved (if small) or quartered lengthwise (if large)
- 1 lemon, quartered lengthwise
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and 2 1/4 cups water to a boil. Lower the heat to low, cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before stirring in the parsley.
- While the rice is cooking, in a large cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes; using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, place in the pan skin side down and cook, turning once, for 15 minutes; transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the brussels sprouts to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 15 minutes. Add the bacon and toss.
- Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and brussels sprouts. Serve with the rice.
- 20 minutes! Sprinkle water on the prepared rice from Sunday and reheat in a microwave.
- the lemon peel and mix with extra-virgin olive oil and salt to rub under the chicken skin.
- the chicken with salt and pepper and refrigerate uncovered overnight for crispier skin.