If you've got uncooked bulk sausage on hand, skip the olive oil, brown the meat and drain off the drippings before pouring the egg batter into the pan.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Bake: 45 mins
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 9.6 ounce package precooked sausage links
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees . Using a blender, mix the milk and eggs for 10 seconds. Blend in the flour and salt for 2 minutes. Let rest.
- Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Place the sausage links in the pan and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the scallions, pour the egg batter over the sausages and remove from the heat.
- Place the skillet on the baking sheet and bake until puffed and browned, about 45 minutes. Serve hot.
- Banrock Station Shiraz-Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 (Australia)
- Serve the pie with a mixed greens salad.