Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 4 1-inch-thick slices peeled fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lime (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 1 1/2-inch-thick salmon steaks (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the corn, covered, turning every 2 minutes, until browned, about 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Grill the pineapple slices until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop; place in a medium bowl. Cut the corn kernels from the cob and add to the pineapple.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chipotle, vinegar, lime juice and sugar; season with salt. Brush the salmon steaks with 2 tablespoons chipotle vinaigrette. Grill the salmon, turning once, for 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Stir the cilantro and onion into the grilled corn and pineapple. Stir in the remaining vinaigrette and serve with the salmon.
- Banrock Station Chardonnay 2006 (Australia)