These take less time to make than to dial for deliveryand the taste is beyond better.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 8 6 inches flour tortillas
- 1 10 ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add half the onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the pork and paprika and cook, breaking up the meat until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the tortillas on 2 baking sheets and warm in the oven for about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, combine the corn, remaining onions, cilantro and lime juice. Season the salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top each warm tortilla with cheese, meat and corn salsa.
- E. Guigal Cotes du Rhone Rose 2005 (France)
- Add cayenne pepper to the pork and hot sauce to the salsa.