Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 4 carrots, halved lengthwise, then sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 multigrain bread slices, toasted and torn
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets (about 8)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 10 ounce bag spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor, pulse the toast to make breadcrumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl. Pulse the cashews until finely ground. Toss with the breadcrumbs and parmesan; season with pepper.
- Spread the mustard evenly over the tilapia to coat; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle each fillet evenly with a generous amount of the breadcrumb mixture and press to adhere. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on top. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast in the oven until the flesh is opaque, about 12 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and cook, tossing occasionally, until it just starts to wilt, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper. Serve with the fish and carrots.
- Line the baking sheet with foil before using for easy cleanup.
- Give the spinach a spicy kick by stirring in a pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Break leftovers into pieces, toss with cream and a beaten egg, then top with more breadcrumbs and bake for a quick casserole.