Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3/4 pound macaroni pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 9 ounce bag spinach
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese, broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach and the reserved pasta water and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir into the pasta along with the goat cheese. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper when cooking the garlic.