Roast some garlic and put it to use in this great lamb recipe.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 2 pounds baby spinach, rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head Roasted Garlic (see Recipe Finder)
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 loin or rib lamb chops, 1 to 1-1/4 inch thick (2-1/2 pounds total)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter, melted and hot
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- In a large skillet, add enough water to reach a depth of 1/2 inch and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander; wipe the skillet clean. Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon roasted garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wilted spinach and 2 teaspoons salt and toss. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat. In a small saucepan, cook the vinegar, shallots and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper over medium heat until almost dry, about 5 minutes. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper and grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium.
- Using a blender, combine the reserved vinegar mixture, egg yolks and remaining roasted garlic on low speed. With the machine on, slowly add the hot butter until the sauce is thickened; season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the mint.
- Place the spinach on a platter, top with the lamb chops and serve with the sauce.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the sauce to prevent a skin from forming.