Toss this sauce with 1 pound cooked pasta.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In an 8-inch skillet, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley and remove from the heat. Add 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese when tossing with pasta. Makes 2/3 cup.
- For a sweeter, mellower sauce, cook chopped onions until softened in a combination of extra-virgin olive oil and butter for your base.
- For a more pungent sauce, cook finely chopped garlic in extra-virgin olive oil until just golden.
- Chop all ingredients into even, bite-size pieces or smaller.
- For egg pasta dishes, reduce the sauce less, as egg pastas will absorb some of the liquid.