Serve this dish with steamed asparagus.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons softened
- 1 sun-dried tomato packed in olive oil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 4 6 - 8 ounces halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, sun-dried tomato, scallion and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, add the potatoes and enough salted water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then smash the potatoes with 1 tablespoon butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, then coat lightly with the flour. In a large nonstick skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until golden and firm to the touch, 7 to 8 minutes total.
- Transfer the fish to 4 serving plates and top with the tomato-scallion butter. Serve with the smashed potatoes.
- Campanile Pinot Grigio 2006 (Italy)
- Double the tomato-scallion butter and use it on grilled meats.