Craving a breezy summer treat? These five-ingredient freezer pops taste like strawberry cream pie on a stick.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (about 1 pound), chopped
- 1/2cup sugar
- 3/4cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 6 ounce store-bought graham cracker crust, crumbled into coarse pieces
- In a medium saucepan, bring the strawberries and sugar to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat and reduce until thick and jamlike, about 20 minutes.
- Using a food processor, puree the berry mixture, then transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until cold. Stir in the yogurt and lemon juice.
- Fold the graham cracker crumbs into the yogurt mixture until half blended. Spoon the mixture into an 8- to 10-count 2.5-ounce ice pop mold and freeze for 30 minutes. Insert ice pop sticks and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
- For pink-and-white pops, layer half the recipe into the molds with whole-milk vanilla yogurt.
- Reduce the strawberry mixture to 1 1/4 cups.
- Chill the cooked berry mixture by placing the bowl in an ice water bath.
- Instead of plastic molds, use small cups with wooden craft sticks.