Try this exotic, grown-up take on an ice pop.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 1/4teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (about 1 pound)
- 2 dried star anise pods
- 1 1/2tablespoons white rum
- Juice of 2 to 3 oranges (2/3 cup)
- 2 1/2cups dry white wine
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, ginger and lime zest. Add the pineapple and toss.
- Scrape the pineapple into the skillet, add the star anise and cook, without stirring, until the pineapple caramelizes, 5 minutes. Stir in the rum and let the alcohol burn off, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange juice, scraping the bottom of the pan; let cool.
- Discard the anise. Puree the fruit mixture in a blender. Stir in the white wine and pour the mixture into ice-pop molds. Freeze until solid, about 4 hours.