Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz.)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a small saucepan, cook the quinoa with 1/4 teaspoon salt according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and season with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl.
- Dividing evenly, spread the quinoa, onion-pepper mixture, beans, salsa and cheese over the tortillas. Roll the tortillas up burrito-style: Fold the side closest to you over the filling, then fold both sides in toward the center and roll up.
- An extra buck will buy you..sour cream and lime juice. Squeeze a lime into 1/2 cup sour cream and serve as a topping.
- Freeze: Wrap the burritos individually in foil or plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Reheat: Unwrap and microwave until warm, 3 to 4 minutes, turning over halfway through. For a crisper wrapping, heat in the microwave, then bake in a 450 degrees oven for 5 to 10 minutes.