Satisfy your family's appetite with dinners for 10 bucks or less.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 7 mins
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 large eggs, hard-boiled and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 12 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 7 minutes; transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the egg salad on each of 8 slices of toast and divide the bacon among 4 of them. Stack the egg-only toasts on top of the bacon-topped toasts. Top with the lettuce and tomato; season with salt and pepper. Place the 4 remaining toasts on top. Halve the sandwiches.