Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces fresh chorizo, divided into 4 patties
- 4 eggs
- 4 ciabatta or french-style rolls, split and toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the lime juice; season with salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage patties, turning once, for 5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet, then fry the eggs; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the avocado salad among the roll bottoms. Layer with the sausage patties, fried eggs and the roll tops; serve at once.