A spontaneous soiree is perfect for the ultimate cold appetizer. Itll make your party feel like it was months in the making.
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Bake: 35 mins
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 large bosc pears--halved lengthwise, cored and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 12-inch baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick and toasted
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a small bowl, toss the walnuts with 1 teaspoon honey. Toss with the brown sugar to coat. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until slightly candied, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Discard the parchment.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees . Arrange the pears in a single layer on the baking sheet. Top with the butter and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon honey. Roast, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Spread one side of the toasts with the goat cheese and top with the arugula. Drizzle with olive oil and top with the pear slices. Sprinkle with the candied nuts and sea salt.