Makes: 13 servings
Prep: 10 mins
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 3 cups potato chips (about 4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely grated aged cheddar or gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh or dried chopped chives
- On a baking sheet, spread out the hot popcorn and the potato chips. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Mix in the onion powder, sugar, garlic powder and salt. Drizzle over the popcorn and potato chips. Sprinkle with the cheese and chives and gently mix with a spatula. To serve, transfer to a large bowl.
- Kick up the taste even more by using flavored chips, such as sour cream and onion.