Give new life to your condiments with this saucy recipe.
Makes: 20 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 ounces boiled deli ham slices, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese (3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices, or 5 slices of white sandwich bread, quartered
- 2 - 3 crisp dill pickles, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees . In a small bowl, stir together the ham, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, chili sauce and mustard.
- Arrange the bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place 2 pickle slices on each slice of bread, then spread about 1 tablespoon of the ham mixture on top. Bake the toasties for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Out of yellow mustard? Mix 1 teaspoon dry mustard with 1 tablespoon water or distilled white vinegar.