Makes: 3 to 6 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 6 eggs
- Pita, for serving
- For the sauce, in a food processor, puree all ingredients. Season with salt.
- For the eggs, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high. Add the bell pepper and jalapenos. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and spices; cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their liquid. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced indentations in the sauce. Crack 1 egg into each; season. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until the whites are just set, about 7 minutes. Serve with the pita and garlic-herb hot sauce.