Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and chocolate sprinkles, for serving
- Press and scrape the thawed berries through a fine-mesh sieve; discard the solids. stir the cream into the strained liquid.
- In a medium saucepan, stir the sugar and 1/4 cup water over high heat until the sugar dissolves, 2 minutes. Using a wet pastry brush, wipe down the sides of the pan. cook, undisturbed, until amber-colored, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. stir in 1 tbsp. of the berry cream (the caramel will bubble up rapidly), then stir in the rest. chill completely.
- Layer the sauce and ice cream in glasses. Top with whipped cream, fresh berries and sprinkles.