Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Prep: 45 mins
Cook: 35 mins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pitted prunes, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks 1/4-inch by 2 inches
- 1 pound carrots , peeled and cut into sticks 1/4 inch by 2 inches
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks 1/4 inch by 2 inches
- 1/2 pound cipollini or pearl onions, peeled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees . In a small saucepan, bring the orange juice, honey, dried fruits and cinnamon to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onions between two rimmed baking sheets. Toss with the oil, season with salt and pepper and spread evenly on the pans. Roast, switching pans halfway through cooking, until the vegetables are tender and browned, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large, high-sided skillet. Add the juice mixture and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are glazed, 5 to 10 minutes. Season.