- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Beat in the yolks and vanilla until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt, then combine with the butter mixture on low speed until just incorporated.
- Follow instructions on the following pages for the cookie of your choice!
- In a medium bowl, stir confectioners' sugar with milk and melted butter. Thin with a few drops of water to desired consistency.
Tip The Fun Starts Here:
- This easy dough can be rolled, cut, flavored and shaped into a season's worth of festive treats!
Recipe by Susan Spungen