Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 10 ounce packages thawed frozen peas, drained
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- In a large deep skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf and 1 tbsp. thyme; season. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots and onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and lettuce. Cook, stirring often, until the lettuce begins to wilt and the peas are heated through, about 4 minutes. Discard the bay leaf. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp. thyme. Serve immediately.