Makes: 4 servings
Yield: 8-10 cups
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons buttermilk powder (found in the baking aisle)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- In a large saucepan, stir together the oil and popcorn kernels. Cover and cook over medium heat just until you hear the kernels begin to pop, 3 to 5 minutes. Tilt the lid slightly, allowing steam to escape. Cook until the popping slows, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand until the popping stops, about 30 seconds.
- Mix buttermilk powder and spices with melted butter and drizzle over popcorn. Mix to coat.