Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 2 large russet potatoes (1 1/2 lbs), peeled and cut into 12 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup seltzer or club soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Canola oil, for frying
- 4 4 - 5 ounces tilapia fillets
- Tartar sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . Rinse the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Toss with EVOO and Old Bay; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the seltzer, flour and salt until nearly smooth. In a large heavy skillet, heat 1/2 inch canola oil over medium. Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Working with one fillet at a time, dip the fish into the batter, coating both sides, then carefully place in the skillet. Cook the fish, turning once, until batter is puffy and light golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with the fries and tartar sauce.