Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 1 teaspoon EVOO
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 15 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 4 - 5 ounces tilapia fillets
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the EVOO over medium. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, carrot and garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 8 minutes. Add the potatoes, tomatoes and stock; boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in the chorizo.
- Nestle fillets in the soup and simmer until fillets are opaque and flaky, 5 to 7 minutes. Divide chowder among bowls; top with parsley.