Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 40 mins
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into wheels
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound baby new potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 chicken leg quarters (about 2 1/2 lbs.), separated at the joint into drumsticks and thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ounces mixed pitted olives, sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- In a bowl, toss the lemon with 1/2 tsp. salt. Let stand until softened, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the potatoes in 1/2 cup water over medium-high heat, partially covered, until the liquid has nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp. EVOO and cook, stirring, until golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO over medium-high. Season the chicken and add to the pan, skin side down. Cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Discard all but 2 tbsp. fat from the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and lemon and cook, stirring, until golden-brown, 2 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup water. Add the chicken and any juices and the oregano; cook, partially covered, turning chicken once, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir in the potatoes, scallions and olives and cook 2 minutes.