Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb stew meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves
- In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt, garlic, 2 tbsp. of the EVOO and the curry powder with 1 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add the lamb; stir to coat. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ginger, vinegar, honey and remaining 1/4 cup EVOO. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium. Thread the lamb onto twelve 8-to-10-inch skewers. Oil the grill, then cook the skewers, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until the lamb is browned on all sides and just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cilantro to the dressing; toss to coat. Serve with the lamb skewers.