Makes: 6 servings
Yield: 36 poppers
Prep: 30 mins
Grill: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 36 large jalapenos
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grate Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 12 slices bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high. Brown the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, about 7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, slice off and discard the stem ends of the jalapenos; remove the ribs and seeds.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Parmesan and sour cream until well combined. Stir in the cooled sausage.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture; wrap each pepper with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Preheat a grill to medium. Place peppers in a jalapeno roasting rack and set on grill. Cover and cook until the jalapenos are tender and the bacon is crisp, 30 to 40 minutes. Alternatively, thread wrapped jalapenos in pairs onto 18 six-inch skewers. Using two 12-cup muffin pans, place the jalapenos upright in the muffin cups and grill as directed.