Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 10 ounce package white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 brioche burger buns, split
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, torn in half
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- Watercress, for topping
- In a bowl, toss the thighs with the mustard, vinegar and 1 tbsp. of the EVOO to coat.
- Heat a medium skillet over high. Add the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO and the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and cover to keep warm.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. Grill the buns, cut sides down, until toasted and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Grill the thighs, covered, until grill marks develop, about 5 minutes; flip and grill 3 minutes longer. Meanwhile, grill Canadian bacon, 2 minutes per side. Place a half slice of cheese on each thigh and on each piece of bacon; cover and cook until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Divide the mushroom mixture among bun bottoms, then stack 2 thighs, 2 pieces of Canadian bacon and 1 tomato slice on each. Add the watercress and bun tops.