Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino, plus more for garnish
- 12 ounces dried pappardelle
- In a food processor, chop garlic and pine nuts. Working in batches, pulse in kale until finely chopped. While machine is running, drizzle in EVOO. mix in 1/2 cup pecorino; season. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot; toss with pesto and pasta water. Season and sprinkle with more cheese.