Makes: 4 servings
Yield: 20 skewers
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 3/4 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/3 cup mirin (rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 20 strips
- In food processor, puree mango, ginger, mirin, soy sauce and 2 tbsp. water until smooth. Reserve 3/4 cup sauce to drizzle and use as a dip. Preheat grill or grill pan over high. Thread chicken onto skewers. Season chicken; brush with sauce to coat. Grill over high until browned, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plate; drizzle with the reserved sauce and serve the rest as a dip.