Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 5 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and cubed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup torn basil leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 balls burrata or fresh mozzarella (about 4 oz. each), halved
- In a large bowl, gently toss the tomatoes with 2 tbsp. vinegar to coat. Add the torn basil and 2 tbsp. EVOO. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Divide the tomato mixture among 8 plates. Top each with 1 burrata half. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp. EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish the plates with the basil sprigs. Drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp. vinegar over the salads. Serve immediately.