Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 12 ounce package soba noodles
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for tossing
- 3 scallions, white adn green parts separated
- 1 16 ounce package extra-firm tofu, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 small heads baby bok choy (2-3 oz. each), halved lengthwise
- Cook soba noodles according to package instructions, adding snap peas during the last minute of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and 1 tbsp. of the vegetable oil. Reserve 3 tbsp. of the sauce for basting. Thinly slice the scallion whites. In a medium bowl, toss the sauce with the noodles, snap peas and scallion whites.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cut tofu in half horizontally, then cut each half into 12 pieces. Thread tofu and bok choy onto 8 skewers. Brush with 1 tbsp. vegetable oil and grill until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Flip skewers, baste with reserved sauce, and grill another 4 minutes. Transfer skewers to a plate and tent with foil.
- Cut the scallion greens into 2-inch pieces and toss them with the remaining vegetable oil in a small bowl. Grill, turning, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve kebabs and noodles topped with scallion greens.