Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more butter for the pan
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and eggs. Whisk in the vanilla and the melted butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, whisking until smooth. (The batter will be thin.) Stir in 2 tbsp. brown sugar.
- Melt some butter in the skillet. Using a ladle, pour some batter into the skillet, forming circles. Cook until the surface bubbles and the edges are browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until browned on the bottom, about 30 seconds longer. Sprinkle with some of the remaining 1 tbsp. brown sugar. Repeat with the remaining batter and brown sugar.