Makes: 1 servings
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 lime wedge, plus 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 1/4 ounces silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces triple sec
- 3/4 ounce Rich Simple Syrup
Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Let cool. Makes 2 cups.
- Spread the salt on a small plate. Moisten the rim of a glass with the lime wedge; turn the glass in the salt to coat. Fill the glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice; add the lime juice, tequila, triple sec and Rich Simple Syrup. Cover; shake vigorously until cold, about 15 seconds. Strain into the salt-rimmed glass and toss in the lime wedge.