Makes: 10 servings
Yield: 18 tarts
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 15 mins
- 2 pints raspberries
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 14 ounce package pie dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a bowl, stir the raspberries, 2/3 cup sugar, the vanilla seeds and lemon juice. Let sit for 15 minutes. Strain (save the liquid for a cocktail mixer).
- Using a 3-inch cutter, cut 18 circles from the pie dough. Dollop 2 tsp. berry mixture on each. Brush the edges with beaten egg and fold in, pressing to seal.
- Using a spatula, transfer the tarts to a parchment-lined baking sheet; dollop with the butter. Brush the dough edges with more egg; sprinkle with sugar. Bake until bubbling, about 15 minutes.