Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Grill: 10 mins
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 red onion, half chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless loin or leg of lamb, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Mince the garlic, parsley, cilantro and the intact red onion half. Transfer to a resealable bag. Add the EVOO, vinegar, 2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and the oregano. Refrigerate 1/4 of the marinade.
- Add the lamb to the bag and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight. Meanwhile, soak 24 six-inch wooden skewers in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill or the broiler to medium. Thread 4 lamb pieces, 1 each green and red bell pepper pieces and 2 onion pieces onto each skewer; season.
- Grill or broil the skewers to desired doneness, 5 to 7 minutes. Drizzle the reserved marinade on top.