This decadent dark chocolate cake is perfect with any frostings, fillings or toppings.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 30 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 6 pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . In a pan, whisk 2 cups water and the sugar over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and butter and let stand 10 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk the eggs and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture; whisk until smooth. Transfer to prepared foil-lined pans; bake as directed.
- Originally published in "Instant Expert! Mix & Match Cakes"