Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 3 slices hickory-smoked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 20 ounce package fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz) frozen peas
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces arugula (3 packed cups)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp finely shredded parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- In a large, heavy nonstick skillet, crisp the bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 2 tbsp. of the fat.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ravioli until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes (see package if using frozen). Drain; reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Heat the reserved bacon fat in the skillet over high heat; add the ravioli and cook, tossing, until golden-brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a saucepan, bring the peas, cream and garlic to a simmer over medium heat, stirring. Pour into the pan with the ravioli. Toss in the arugula to wilt. Mix in half of the bacon, half of the mint and 1/4 cup cheese. Add 1 tbsp. reserved pasta water at a time to thin the sauce as desired. Fold in the zest; season.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon, mint and cheese.