Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Broil: 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 3/4 tbsp lemon juice and 4 lemon wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 10 ounce box couscous
- In a blender, mix 2 tbsp. EVOO, 1/3 cup cilantro, the garlic, spices, lemon zest and lemon juice until ground into a paste. Season with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the carrots until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and return to the pan. Stir in the honey and remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO.
- Position a rack 4 to 5 inches from the top of the oven and preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, toss the chicken with the spice paste to coat. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet; season. Broil until the tops are browned, about 8 minutes. Using tongs, flip the chicken; broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, prepare the couscous according to package directions; let cool. Stir in half of the remaining cilantro.
- Rewarm the carrots; season. Divide the chicken, couscous and carrots among plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve with the lemons.