Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Coarse salt
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet, toast the quinoa and cumin over medium heat until the quinoa is golden-brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a pan, boil 2 cups water. Add the quinoa; lower the heat. Cover and simmer until the water is absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the onion, oil, soy sauce, vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Transfer the quinoa to a serving bowl. Fold in the vinaigrette, tomato, cucumber, arugula and pine nuts.