Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 5 potato sandwich rolls
- 1 pound thawed frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 avocado, cut into thin slices
- 4 medium slices red onion
- In a food processor, pulse 1 potato roll into fine crumbs. Transfer 3/4 cup of the breadcrumbs to a medium bowl; reserve the remainder for another use. Add the shrimp to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped; add to the breadcrumbs. Stir in the scallions, egg and Old Bay. Form into four 1-inch-thick patties and refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and vinegar.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the shrimp patties and cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Toast the remaining 4 rolls. Slather the cut sides with the mayonnaise mixture. Layer the bun bottoms with the shrimp burgers, avocado slices, onion slices and bun tops.