Makes: 4 servings
- 7 cups restaurant-style round corn chips (about 4 oz)
- 1 8 ounce package Mexican crema
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces grilled skirt steak, cut into thin bite-size slices
- 3/4 cup tomato salsa
- Position a rack in the top shelf of the oven and preheat to broil. Arrange the corn chips on a large, heatproof platter in a single layer to overlap slightly. Sprinkle the cheese over the chips, then dot evenly with the salsa, pickled jalapenos and fresh jalapeno.
- Saute onions and green bell peppers, until tender. Add grilled skirt steak and cook until warm.
- Broil until the cheese is bubbling, 3 minutes. Remove the platter from the oven, top sauteed onion, green bell peppers and grilled skirt steak.