Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 30 mins
Bake: 30 mins
- 1 pound jumbo pasta shells (16 pieces)
- 1 cup (4 oz) baby pasta shells
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound thawed frozen spinach, squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta (about 12 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the broiler. In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the jumbo shells until al dente. In a smaller saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the baby shells until al dente. Drain separately, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water. Spread the jumbo shells out on a work surface.
- Meanwhile, in a large, ovenproof skillet, toss the tomatoes with 3 tbsp. EVOO. Broil for 15 minutes. Remove, then stir in the garlic, herbs and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water; season with salt and pepper. Lower the oven to 350 degrees .
- In a bowl, toss the baby shells with the remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO. Stir in the spinach, ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan and remaining 1/4 cup pasta water; season. Stuff the jumbo shells with the spinach mixture; arrange in the skillet atop the sauce. Top with the remaining parmesan, cover and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.