Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups diced roast chicken (preferably dark meat)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 1/4 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat a wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil, swirl to coat the pan and add the eggs. Cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are scrambled, 1 minute. Transfer the eggs to a plate. Wipe the pan clean and return to the heat.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup oil; swirl to coat. Add the chicken, scallion whites and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and press into the pan. Cook, stirring and pressing, until the rice is sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- Return the eggs to the pan; add the peas, 2 tbsp. soy sauce, the vinegar and sesame oil. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with more soy sauce and the scallion greens.