Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth or Hearty Roast chicken Stock
- 3 cups chopped roast chicken
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the paprika over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes. Cook, stirring, until the mixture begins to simmer and thicken, about 2 minutes. Stir in the bell pepper and broth. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pepper is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook just to heat through. Stir in the sour cream, 1/4 cup at a time; season with salt and pepper. Top with the parsley before serving.