Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 35 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons unsaltetd butter
- 1 10 ounce bag marshmallows
- 1 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups crisped rice cereal
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows; stir until melted, 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/2 tsp. salt. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal.
- Cover the inside of a medium (3 qt.) bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a few inches of overhang. Coat the plastic and your fingers with cooking spray. Press the cereal mixture into the bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a double boiler, stir the chocolate over medium-high heat until melted, 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate into the cereal bowl; spread with a rubber spatula to coat the inside. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup peanut butter, the brown sugar and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Whisk in 1/2 cup cream.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the remaining 1 1/2 cups cream on medium speed until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly add the granulated sugar and vanilla; beat to soft peaks, 2 minutes. Fold into the peanut butter mixture in 3 additions.
- Pull up the plastic to transfer the cereal bowl to a platter; discard the plastic. Spoon in the peanut butter cream. Top with the peanuts. Have guests spoon cream onto plates and break off pieces of the bowl.