Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins
- 1 15 1/2ouncecan black beans, rinsed
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 3 large bell peppers
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the black beans, tomato, onion, chile, cilantro and oregano. Stir in the EVOO; season with salt.
- Slice off the top third of each bell pepper. Discard the stems and finely chop the remaining flesh from the tops; add to the bean mixture. Keeping the bell pepper bowls intact, discard the ribs and seeds.
- Place the bell pepper bowls on a platter (trim a bit off the bottom if theyre wobbly) and fill with the bean mixture. Serve with tortilla chips.