Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 50 mins
Bake: 375°F 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 8 ouncepackage mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 12 ouncebag whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 10 ouncebag frozen cauliflower, thawed
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound cooked turkey breast, cut into chunks
- 1/4cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . In a large pot, heat the EVOO over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened and most oftheir liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Increase the heat to medium- high, add 1 cup broth and cook, stirring, until sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer, stirring, until the sauce has thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain.
- Using a food processor, puree the cauliflower with the remaining 1/4 cup broth. Stir the cauliflower into the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the noodles and turkey. Transfer tetrazzini to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top. Bake until the edges are golden-brown, about 30 minutes. Top with the parsley.