Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 12 ounce package extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, halved lengthwise
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, brown the beef over medium-high heat, stirring, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and 4 tsp. thyme and cook until softened, 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the broth and reduce the liquid for 3 minutes. Lower the heat and stir in the sour cream, mustard and the juice of one lemon half until heated through, 2 minutes.
- Spoon the stroganoff mixture over the noodles. Top with the remaining 1 tsp. thyme and serve with wedges sliced from the remaining lemon half.
- Rolling the lemon on the counter under your palm before slicing softens its pulp, making it easier to juice.